The 3Cs of Retouching
A step-by-step system you can use to take your photos from boring to amazing in no time and get people to say 'wow!'
WHAT IS 'THE 3Cs OF RETOUCHING'?
When I was learning photography, I wouldn't be sure what settings I should be applying to my photographs and how much those settings need to be applied. There were so many options and so many settings that could be applied, but where do I start? What do I do next? When do I stop? These are all questions I needed answers for. After years of learning, practice and my own experience, I came up with a system. A system that anyone can apply to any photograph and that would transform their photographs from dull to amazing in no time. That system is The 3Cs of Retouching. You apply the 3Cs to any straight-out-of-the-camera photo, and voila, you have a great looking photo!
1st C - CONTRAST
We don't just look at the Contrast slider in Lightroom. We see the concept behind it. The settings we see to adjust Contrast are the Exposure slider, the Highlights, Shadows, Whites and Blacks sliders and the Tone Curve Panel.
2nd C - COLOR
Color is probably the most important aspect of a photograph. If you don't get your color right, the photo ends up looking unrealistic. In this section, we go over Camera Profile, White Balance, Vibrance/Saturation and finally the HSL panel.
3rd C - CLARITY
The 3rd C is all about how clear your photograph is. Is it sharp? Is it free of noise? How clear are the edges in the photo? In this section, we take a look at three important tools: Clarity, Sharpness & Noise Reduction
The 3Cs of Retouching is a mini video course for photographers who want to take their photographs to the next level.
• Get the full 1-hour video course, containing 15 videos, teaching you the exact system to take your photos from dull to amazing in no time.
• Understand the concepts behind the 3Cs: Contrast, Color, Clarity.
• Contrast: Demystify the histogram and use it to make your exposure looking great and have the right contrast for your photos.
• Color: Get rid of color casts from your photographs with the white balance tool and have rich, vibrant colors in your photos with the help of the Vibrance slider and the HSL panel.
• Clarity: Use the Clarity slider and the Detail panel to ensure your photos are noise-free and tack sharp!
• Don’t ever worry about not knowing when to stop. Know exactly how much of a setting to apply on different kinds of photographs.
• No more taking guesses on which setting to apply to which kind of photograph.
I am Shajee Aijazi, I am the founder of Digital Darkroom Academy. I have been a photographer for over ten years now. I help people speed up their post-processing workflow and organize their photos in a way that they don't have to waste time managing it. I, myself take one-third the time I used to take in retouching photos and now I take up three times the shoots, hence making three times more money.
I'm sharing my tested strategies that I discovered after thousands of hours of work so you can have the same success.